1. Watch the movie Watership Down and compare it to the novel.
2. Pick several of the epigraphs and explain how they relate to their chapters.
3. Trust and survival are two primary Themes in Watership Down. Explain their relationship. Which rabbit do you think best exemplifies each of these attributes?
4. Compare the rabbit community to human society in terms of power, class, and social structures. Has Adams portrayed the rabbits in only human terms, or does he give them rabbit characteristics as well?
5. Critics have compared Watership Down to Virgil’s Aeneid. Read Virgil’s work and compare the two.
6. Read another novel that features animals. Is Watership Down more or less realistic? Why?