1. Pretend that you are a member of the band of book memorizers that appears at the end of the novel. Which book would you choose to become? Why?
2. Bradbury metaphorically compares books to birds several times in the narrative. Find a few of these passages. Why does Bradbury make this comparison?
3. Why does Montag decide to stop burning books?
4. Can you draw any comparisons between the firemen’s arguments for burning books and the arguments of people today who want to ban or censor certain books?
5. What is Bradbury’s opinion of the mass media? What is the point of the scene where the Mechanical Hound, having failed to track Montag, attacks an innocent man as newscasters report that the victim is Montag?