1. Why do the rabbits believe that it is necessary to leave Sandleford Warren?
2. Which is your favorite rabbit? Which is your least favorite? Why?
3. Do you feel that the epigraphs at the beginning of the chapters enhance the novel?
4. One of the last chapters in the book is entitled “Dea ex Machina.” What does this phrase mean? Why is an appropriate title?
5. What purpose do the myths of El-ahrairah serve?
6. What is the Owsla? Is it similar to any governmental office in the United States?
7. What role do humans play in this novel?
8. Compare the warrens, Cowslip and Efrafa. Why do the Sandleford rabbits find them unacceptable?